Roofing is, without a doubt, the most essential aspects of any building, whether it is residential or commercial. That is why there have been numerous different types of roofing materials employed throughout the ages, each of them with their own distinct advantages and drawbacks. All in all, types of roofing need to be tough, resilient, and in one way or another weather-resistant.
There are a number of materials that have fit this description perfectly, although in the western part of the world, slate, shale, and tile were the primary choice for roofing until well into the modern day. Later, when such materials became scarce, it was replaced by aluminium and galvanised steel sheets, which, while they were weather resistant, where a bit flimsy and not at all ideal for all-weather conditions in area with strong winds.
Today, property owners have access to much stronger steel roofing, a roofing material choice that is used by most buildings in New Zealand, for good reasons.
Why Steel Roofing is the Best Choice for Your Home
• Superior durability – steel roofing is far more durable than shale, slate, and tile shingles since it doesn’t warp, crack, break, or buckle. It is thick enough that it can withstand a lot of weight and pressure, such as heavy rains and snowfall.
• Fireproof – there isn’t anything better than a fireproof roof. While shale and slate shingles are fire-resistant, they aren’t heatproof, which means that these materials can split from intense heat – something that steel roofing won’t do.
• Weather-resistant – a lot of people think that steel will rust, just like iron will. However, well-made steel doesn’t actually ‘rust away’, instead, it will form a thin film of oxidised ‘rust’ on the surface which actually protects all the rest of the metal underneath. However, precoated steel roofing using COLORSTEEL® will not oxidise.
• Low-maintenance and energy efficient – prepainted steel roofs with COLORSTEEL® are low-maintenance and energy efficient because of solar reflectance technology that reflects sunlight. This helps buildings stay cooler in the summer.
• Aesthetically versatile – prepainted COLORSTEEL® steel roofing is available in a wide assortment of colours. This allows home owners to fully customise the look of their roofing with their home’s exterior design.
If you are considering a new roof, then think of these steel roofing benefits for your home – superior durability, fireproof, weather-resistant, low maintenance, energy efficient, and aesthetically versatile.
For more information about the cost of steel roof installation for your home, please contact Johnson Roofing to schedule a free, no obligation consultation.